Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Lamentations 3: 5-6, 19-22, 37-38, and 57-58 Jeremiah Shares Israel's Affliction

He has besieged and encompassed me with bitterness and hardship. In dark places He has made me dwell, like those who have long been dead. Remember my affliction and my wandering. The Lord is my portion, says my soul. The Lord is good to those who wait for him. Who is there who speaks and it comes to pass, unless the Lord has commanded it? Is it not from the mouth of the Most High that both good and ill go forth? You drew near when I called on you and said, "Do not fear!" O Lord, you have pleaded my soul's cause; you have redeemed my life.

In these verses, Jeremiah first complains how difficult of a lot he has as God's representative. He states his dismay over his life. But then he remembers God's faithfulness and loving kindness.
He remembers how he has delivered him in past times and that he is reliable for the current crisis.
This is why he can say that his hope is in the Lord.

Daily Prayer: Lord, help us to remember all that you have done for us in our life. Let me recall and evaluate where I would be if you had not chosen me for your own. Then I will give thanks to you for considering me to be included in your plans and for my role in them. In your holy name I pray Amen.

No comments: