Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Isaiah 6: 1-5; 8-10 The call of Isaiah

In the year of King Uziah's death I say the Lord sitting on the throne, lofty and exalted, with the train of his robe filling the temple. The seraphim stood above him and one called out to the the other and said, "Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord of hosts. The whole earth is full of his glory. Then I said, "Woe is me, for I am ruined! Because I am a man of unclean lips." Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" Then I said, "Here am I. Send me!" He said, "Go and tell this people: 'Keep on listening, but do not perceive; Keep on looking, but do not understand.' "Render the hearts of this people insensitive, and their ears dull, and their eyes dim. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, and undersand with their hearts, and return and be healed."

In these verses, the holy trinity speaking between themselves ponder who they should send to the House of Judah. It is God's intention for the Jews to have hardened hearts because of their rebellion in his holy city. Isaiah contrasts his holiness verses what he sees in heaven and concludes he is unclean. Yet when God was seeking a messenger to send, he says he is availabale. This is also the key to living a Christian life. Yes, we are sinners, but we are still called to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The key to success in the Kingdom is a willing and available life of service.

Daily Prayer: Lord Jesus, I am willing to be your ambassidor to proclaim your good news of forgiveness of sins for those who recognize you as the Son of God and the Son of Man and who accept the cross as sufficient payment for their sins. Bless my ministry to you, Lord Jesus, and bring many more workers for your kingdom. In your name I pray Amen.

No comments: