Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Jonah 2: 1-4, 10. Jonah's Prayer ( and Psalm)

Then Jonah prayed to the Lord his God from the stomach of the fish, and he said, "I called out of my distress to the Lord, and he answered me.I cried for help from the depth os Sheol, and you heard my voice. You had cast me into the deep, into the heart of the seas, and the current engulfed me. All your breakers and billows passed over me. So I said that I have been expelled from your sight. Nevertheless I will look again toward your holy temple." Then the Lord commanded the fish, and it vomited Jonah up onto the dry land.

Jonah, in his prayer to God is repenting of his failure to obey the word of his God. He realizes that he is accountable to him and prays to be restored. He prays with confidence that the Lord will be attentive to his prayer. When God is satisfied with Jonah's confession, he brings him back from the deep for a time of service.

Daily Prayer: Father it is much easier to talk the talk, rather than walking the walk. It is easier to say that I believe, than to point one's own feet in the direction of obedience. I ask you this day, by the power of the Spirit that dwells in me, to give me the will to follow and obey. In Jesus name & for his sake I pray Amen.

No comments: