Total Pageviews

Friday, July 15, 2011

Hosea 5; 1-3, 12-14 The people's apostacy rebuked:

Hear this, O priests! Give heed, O house of Israel! Listen, O house of the king! For the judgment applies to you, for you have been a snare at Mizpah and a net spread out on Tabor. O Ephriam, you have played the harlot. Isreal has defiled itself. Their deeds will not allow them to return to God, because they have the spirit of harlotry within them. Judah has stumbled with them. Ephriam will become desolate in the day of rebuke; among the tribes of Israel I declare what is sure. Therefore I am like a moth to Ephriam, and like rottenness to the house of Judah. I, even I, will tear to pieces and go away. I will carry away, and there will be none to deliver. I will go away and return to my place, until they acknowledge their guilt and seek my face, and in their affliction they will earnestly seek me.

Both Israel and Judah were seeking thier help from pagan nations and not the God of their covenant.
This is the spirit of harlotry God speaks of. He will indeed bring judgment on his people. Israel will be removed from their land by the army of Assyria and Judah will be carried away by Babylon. This is the maximum covenant judgment that God brings against the descendants of Abraham.

Daily Prayer: Father, teach me faithfulness in my day. Let me be the one to acknowldge you as God and your Son as Savior. Wash away my sins and guilt by the blood of Jesus. In his name I pray Amen.

No comments: