Total Pageviews

Monday, July 18, 2011

Hosea 14: 1-3, 8-10 Israel's Future Blessing

Return, O Israel, to the Lord your God. For you have stumbled because of your iniquity. Take words with you and return to the Lord. Say to him, "Take away all iniquity, and receive us graciously, so that we may present the fruit of our lips. Assyria will not save us, and we will not ride on horses, nor will we say again, 'Our god,' to the work of our hands. In you the orphan finds mercy." O Ephraim, what more have I to do with idols? It is I who answer and look after you. I am like a luxuriant cypress; from me comes your fruit. Whoever is wise, let him understand these things; and whoever is discerning, let him know them. The ways of the Lord are right, and the righteous will walk in them, but transgressors will stumble in them.

These verses refer to a future time. Assyria took Israel into captivity, and there is no record of their return. However, when the Son of Man returns, he will be received by a remnant of all of his people. They will repent and they will be restored. As for now, their hearts remained hardened as we await the return of the Redeemer.

Daily Prayer: Lord Jesus, you are the alpha and omega, the beginning and the end. In you rests all power and wisdom of the people of the world. You are the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords. Apart from you, there is no deliverance. Keep me this day in the shadow of your protection. Bless me and keep me so that I may praise you and magnify your name. Amen.

No comments: