Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Ezekiel 37: 1-3, 9-10 Vision of dry bones:

The hand of the Lord was upon me, and he brought me out by the spirit of the Lord and set me down in the middle of the valley, and it was full of bones. He said to me, "Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, "O Lord God, you know." Then the Lord God said, "Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe on these slain, that they come to life." Then he said to me, "Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel, and they say, 'Our bones are dried up and our hope has perished. We are completely cut off.' "Therefore say to them, 'Thus says the Lord God, "Behold, I will open your graves and cause you to come up out of your graves. My people and I will bring you into the land of Israel. Then you will know that I am the Lord, when I have opened your graves and caused you to come up out of your graves, my people."

In this passage, we recall that God had hardened the hearts of Israel so that they could not believe. This was a prophecy of Isaiah. Now they have reached the maximum covenant punishment which is removal from the land of inheritance. Now he is speaking of a new day and a new covenant. God will bring them to their land again as he did in the Exodus, but this time their hearts will not be hard, and Israel and Judah will come together as a united nation under God.

Daily Prayer: Father, we are a hard people to teach, and obedience comes with great difficulty.
If we could only learn to do things your way, life would be so much easier. Sin has dealt severe consequences for us. Now, in my time, we have the fullness of God in Jesus Christ. In my time,
the people of God is both the Jews and the Church and you are the Good Shepherd of both. In Jesus name I pray Amen.

No comments: