Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Ezekiel1 1:28, 2:2-3, 2:9, and 3:26-27 - The Call of Ezekiel

I saw something like fire, and their was radiance around him. As the appearance of the rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the appearance of the surrounding radiance. Such was the appearance of the likenwess of the glory of the Lord. And when I saw it, I fell on my face and heard a voice speaking. As he spoke to me the spirit entered me and set me on my feet, and I heard him speaking to me. Then I looked, and behold, a hand was extended to me, and lo, a scholl was in it. Then he said to me, "Son of man, eat what you find; eat this scroll and go speak to the house of Israel." And then he said, "Son of man, I have appointed you a watchman to the house of Israel; whenever you hear a word from my mouth, warn them from me. Moreover, I will make your tongue stick to the roof of your mouth so that you will be mute and cannot be a man who rebukes them for they are a rebellious house. But when I speak to you, I will open your mouth and you will say to them, 'Thus says the Lord God.' He who hears, let him hear; and he who refuses, let him refule, for they are a rebellious house."

God is zealous for Israel and desired to give them every opportunity to repent. The temple is in Jerusalem and God's glory dwelled there. He also chose Jerusalem as the place where he would place his name. So without a doubt, he desired to spare Judah and Jerusalem. He not only sent Ezekiel there, but the other major prophets of Isaiah, Jeremiah, and Daniel. Regardless of God's seeking to spare his people, they remained a rebellious people and went into exile and were trodden down by Babylon.

Daily Prayer: Father, all of us are sinners and are likewise rebellious. You solved the problem in the person of Jesus Christ. Through him, there was pure obedience, even his death on the cross.
Now, because of his merit, I can approach the throne of grace, because Jesus paid the full penalty for my sin. It is in his name I pray Amen.

No comments: