Total Pageviews

Monday, July 25, 2011

Amos 9: 1-2, 11, 14-15 God's Judgment & Restoration:

I saw the Lord standing beside the altar, and he said, "Smite the capitals so that the thresholds will shake,and break them on the head of them all! And though they go into captivity before their enemies, from there I will command the sword that it slay them, and I will set my eyes agaist them for evil and not for good." In later days, declares the Lord God, "I will raise up the fallen booth of David, and wall up its breaches; I will also raise up its ruins, and rebuild it as in the days of old. I will plant them in their own land, and they will not again be rooted our from the land which I have given them," says the Lord God.

The book of Amos ends with a message of hope. God has not forgotten the promises that he made to Abraham and to David. Though God brings maximum covenant punishment on his people, he restores them because they were chosen by God to rule as a royal priesthood and to mediate God blessings to the nations. This is their calling, and it will surely come to pass.

Daily Prayer: Lord, you bring about all things so that your will is done on earth, as it is in heaven.
Praise be to your name for the sovereignty you have over the nations and your loving-kindness to those who you have called. I also want to give special thanks and recognition of answered individual prayers of the saints who depend on you for their well-being. In Jesus name I pray Amen.

No comments: