Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Joel 3: 1-2, 14-17 the Nations will be judged:

"In those days, and at a certain time, I will restore the fortunes of Judah and Jerusalem. I will gather all the nations, and bring them down to the valley of Jehoshaphat. Then I will enter into judgment with them there on behalf of my people and my inheritance, Israel has been scattered among the nations, and divided up my land. Multitudes upon multitudes will be in the valley of decision! The Day of the Lord is near in the valley of decision. The heavens and the earth tremble, but the Lord is a refuge for his people, and a stronghold to the sons of Israel. The Lord roars from Zion, and utters his voice from Jerusalem. Then you will know that I am the Lord your God, dwelling in Zion, my holy mountain, so Jerusalem will be holy, and strangers will pass through it no more."

The prophecy found here goes back to the covenant God made with Abraham. He said that his seed would multiply and become a great nation. He willed these chosen ones land of their own and promised that through Israel, God would mediate his goodness to the nations. The kings of the world scattered his holy people and the land of inheritance they divided. Now at the end of our age, God himself and his son Jesus Christ will restore Zion and subjugate the nations.

Daily Prayer: Father, in my time, your elect is the Jewish people and those chosen by you to be followers of Jesus Christ. Convince and convict our friends, family, and neighbors of their sinfulness and need for a savior. In this way, they can avoid the day of judgment, because their sins are forgiven! In Jesus name I pray Amen.

No comments: