Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Amos 7: 1-9 Warning through visions:

The Lord God showed me that he was forming a locust-swarm when the spring crop began to sprout. And it came about, when it had finished eating the vegetation of the land, that I said,"Lord God, please pardon! How can Jacob stand, because he is small?" The Lord changed his mind about this. "It shall not be," the Lord said. The Lord showed me and he was calling to contend with them by fire and it consumes the farm land. Then I said, "Lord God, please stop! How can Jacob stand since he is too small?" "This too, shall not be," said the Lord. The Lord showed me, and he was standing by a vertical wall with a plumb line in his hand. "What do you see, Amos?"
I said, "A plumb line." The Lord said "I am about to put a plumb line in the midst of my people Israel. I will spare them no longer."

God does not desire to punish us in order to gain obedience. But the Bible says that the father who does not chasten his son does not love him. In the same way, we who are children of God need to revere our father and give him the obedience he deserves. The human heart is a thorny and hard to teach short of punishment. We lean not to wisdom, but to our own understanding. This is a result of the fall of man in the garden, when the Satan put the will of man against the will of their Creator. All will not be restored until we see the second coming of our Savior.

Daily Prayer: Holy Father, create in me a clean heart and give me understanding so that I can walk humbly before you. Give me only what I need for today so that I live a life that depends on you. In Jesus name I pray Amen.

No comments: