Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

God's Morality Enforced (Leviticus 20: 1-3, 6, 10, 13)

The LORD told Moses to say to the community of Israel: Death by stoning is the penalty for any citizens or foreigners in the same country who sacrifice their children to the god Molech. They have disgraced both the place wheere I am worshiped and my holy name, and so I will turn against them and no longer let them belong to my people. I will be your enemy if you go to someone who claims to speak with the dead and I will destroy you from among my people. If any of you men have sex with another man's wife, both of you and the woman will be put to death. It's disgusting for men to have sex with on another, and those who do will be put to death, just as they deserve.

The subject of this text is holiness. God cannot and will not dwell with immoral people. When he speaks of child sacrifice, God says if you destroy one of these little ones, you yourself will be destroyed. If you seek spiritists, you are seeking someone from "the other side" to commune with and regard which is an abonination to God. Finally the subject of sexual intercourse. The Bible teaches that sexual sins are not only a sin against God, but also a sin against ones self. These two cannot dwell with a false love and God also, because they are treated as adulterers.

Daily Prayer: Father, bring to my mind the great importance of moral sins in my life. Let me not tollerate these as they compete against the very blessings that you have instore for me.
Instead let me live as an example for holy living so that when I use my name in connection with your's, that I don't bring shame upon your name. Amen.

No comments: