Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 24, 2011

The faith of Rahab Joshua 2: 1,3,10, 12)

Joshua chose two men as spies and sent them from their camp at Acacia with these instructions: "Go accross the river and find out as much as you can about the whole region, especially about the town of Jericho." The two spies left and the Israelite camp and went to Jericho, where they decided to spend the night at the house of a prostitute named Rahab. So the king sent soldiers to Rahab's house to arrest the spies. Meanwhile, Rahab had taken the men up to the flat roof of her house and had hidden them under some piles of flax plants that she had put there to dry. The soldiers came to her door and demanded, "Let us have the men who are staying at your house. They are spies." Rahab said to the two Israelites that we heard how the LORD dried up the Red Sea so you could leave Egypt. And we heard how you destroyed Sihon and Og, those tow Amorite kings east of the Jordan River. Please promise me in the LORD's name that you will be as kind to my family as I have been to you.
In the Old Testament, a gentile who wanted to be under the protection of the Israeli God was called a proselyte. Her fame arises from her faith in Father God for who he is and what he as done. Faith is important only when the object of your faith is able to deliver you. For God Almighty, nothing is outside of his power and nothing is too small for his attention. Rahab was delivered and received protection from God and was remembered in the Scriptures for her great faith.
Daily Prayer: Father, in my time too I desire to place my faith in you. Not only for change or protection of circcumstances of life, but for my very life. Teach me not to lean unto my own understanding, but to seek you all the days of my life. Amen.

No comments: