Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 12, 2011

God leads his people (Numbers 9: 15-16, 22)

As soon as the sacred tent was set up: According to Exodus 40.17, this took place "on the first day of the first month of the second year" of the Israelites in the desert. Whether it was only one night, a few days, a month, or even a year, as long as the cloud remained over the tent, the israelites stayed where they were. But when the cloud moved, so did the Israelitees.
The cloud which at night took on the appearance of fire and which stayed with the Israelites on their journeey through the desert, symbolizes the protective presence of the LORD and, at the same time, his transcendence. The children of Israel were convinced that God's constant protection was what mattered most - more than just shielding them from the torrid heat of the desert. As well as this, the cloud is a sign of the Supreme Being, who no one on this earth can see face to face.
Daily Prayer: LORD, I recognize that the people of God do not walk alone nor do we walk aimlessly because you both go before me and come after me. Teach me and build me up to rely on your abiding presence in my journey in this life. In Jesus name I pray Amen.

No comments: