Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Matthew 9:36-38 Lord of the Harvest

Seeing the people, He felt compassion for them, because they were distressed and dispirited like sheep without a shepherd. Then He said to His disciples, “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Therefore beseech the Lord of the harvest to send out workers into His harvest.”

When Christ shows compassion, we become objects of His mercy. He was recognizing that those who follow him were many and would surely become hungry or faint. Christ views us as poor sinners in need of a Good Shepherd. A Good Shepherd cares for his followers and keeps them from harms way. Therefore he petitions God Almighty to send him helpers who can come along side him to rescue the many and he will lay his life down for them.

Daily Prayer: Father, into the hands of Christ Jesus I commit my spirit. Lead me away from this sinful world into a world of righteousness and goodness – the Kingdom of Heaven. There I will find rest for my soul. In Jesus name I pray Amen.

No comments: