Total Pageviews

Friday, February 10, 2012

Matthew 10:8-10 Our Daily Bread Is Enough

Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse the lepers, cast out demons. Freely you received, freely give. Do not acquire gold, or silver, or copper for your money belts, or a bag for your journey, or even two coats, or sandals, or a staff; for the worker is worthy of his support.

What Jesus provided his disciples was not what the world treasures which is money and material items, but he provided them with godly power. They were given the authority to heal the sick, and even to raise people from the dead. He also gave them his peace which they could bestow upon godly families, but they also had the power to take it from them. Materially he only wanted them to have their daily bread and nothing more. This is because a man cannot love both God and money. They will be in the world, but not of the world.

Daily Prayer: Lord Jesus, I also need this same kind of equipping. I have never had enough money to love it, but you have always provided me enough to support myself and my family. Raise me up with your word, so that at the end of my days I will not be ashamed. In your holy name I pray Amen.

No comments: