Total Pageviews

Monday, February 13, 2012

Matthew 10:21-23 Keep Faithful until the Masters Return

“Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child; and children will rise up against parents and cause them to be put to death. You will be hated by all because of my name, but it is the one who has endured to the end who will be saved. “But whenever they persecute you in one city, flee to the next; for truly I say to you, you will not finish going through the cities of Israel until the Son of Man comes.

Enduring to the end is not a way to be saved but the evidence that a person is really committed to Jesus. Persistence is not a means to earn salvation; it is the by-product of a truly devoted life. Christ warned the disciples against premature martyrdom. They were to leave before the persecution got too great. We have plenty of work to do and many people to reach. Our work won’t be finished until Christ returns. And only after he returns will people realize his identify

Daily Prayer: Lord Jesus, keep me from being anxious before your return. Instead build up vigilance in me so that when you return, I will be about your business. In your name I pray Amen.

No comments: