Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Matthew 12:33-37 Words Reveal Character

“Either makes the tree good and its fruit good, or makes the tree bad and its fruit bad; for the tree is known by its fruit. You brood of vipers, how can you, being evil, speak what is good? For the mouth speaks out of that which fills the heart. The good man brings out of his good treasure what is good; and the evil man brings out of his evil treasure what is evil. But I tell you that every careless word that people speak, they shall give an accounting for it in the Day of Judgment. For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”

Whatever a man sows, this he will also reap. One cannot sow corruption and harvest righteousness. Neither can a man plant godliness and harvest corruption. You may ask, how do I know what is sown in the depth of my heart? You will know by the words spoken by the mouth. The words a person chooses reveal the condition of the heart. If you speak contempt, you surely have sown contempt. But you may ask, “What if I have been sown in dishonor, how can that be changed?” You must be born again, this time not of the flesh which yields selfishness, but of the Spirit which produces yielders to Christ Jesus and to God the Father.

Daily Prayer: Father, if I have not been born of the Spirit, regenerate my heart so that I can put to death the deeds of the flesh. Let me no longer live for myself, but to live for Jesus who loves me and suffered on the Cross for me. In His precious name I pray Amen.

No comments: