Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Matthew 10:24-28 The Meaning of Discipleship

“A disciple is not above his teacher, nor a slave above his master. It is enough for the disciple that he becomes like his teacher and the slave like his master. If they have called the head of the house Beelzebub, how much more will they malign the members of his household! “Therefore do not fear them, for there is nothing concealed that will not be revealed, or hidden that will not be known. What I tell you in the darkness, speak in the light; and what you hear whispered in your ear, proclaim upon the housetops. Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Beelzebub was also known as the lord of the demons. The Pharisees (religious leaders) accused Jesus of using Beelzebub’s power to drive out demons. If Jesus, who is perfect, was called evil, his followers should expect that similar accusations will be directed at them. But those who endure to the end will be vindicated.

Daily Prayer: Lord Jesus, I understand that those things the world attacked you with will also be directed to me. Soak me with Your Word, which is my protection from the world. The world does not know you, but I know you, so equip me to hold fast the ground that you have won. In your holy name I pray Amen.

No comments: