Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Matthew 10:29-32 Be proud of your father, & he will be proud of you.

Are not two sparrows sold for a cent? And yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father but the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So do not fear; you are more valuable than many sparrows. “Therefore everyone who confesses Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father who is in heaven.

It is hard to be family when you are embarrassed to be part of the family. To the Father, a bird is important, but a son is much more valuable. But what if a son disowns he father? Is he still worthy of being a son? These passages say not. Whoever confesses Me in the world is proud of my and I of him, Jesus says. But if you are ashamed of me, then likewise I am not part of you. A family cannot be divided to remain a family and we all have choices to make.

Father, I and my house claim you as our Father, and Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. We have grown to know you by your miraculous deeds and faithfulness and now we count ourselves as part of the Family of the Most High. This is because of Jesus and his claiming us on the cross. In his name and for his sake I pray Amen.

No comments: