Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Matthew 11:28-30 Jesus is the Source for New Life

“Come to me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS. For My yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

We just finished saying that nobody can come to the father unless it is through the son Jesus Christ. It is important to realize that the father, the son, and the Holy Spirit all participated in the creation. It should be expected then, that God’s creation cannot function without him. Yet sin has separated man from their Creator. This has caused spiritual death in man, unless new life is formed in his spirit through the regeneration caused by a reliance on Jesus for the forgiveness of our sins. Only then can life be renewed and sustained with a bonding to life’s cause in God himself. You can see how important this is. Unless this occurs, one’s physical life will die and the spirit with it.

Daily Prayer: Create in me and my loved ones this new life and renewed spirit. Let my mind be aware of who I am and from where I came from. I cannot rely on the world, because the world is temporary and I need a permanent sustained life that can be only found in you. Let this be your will for me and all those whom I love. In Jesus name I pray Amen.

No comments: