Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Who Can Stand When The Power Of The Almighty Comes Near?

There is but one reason that I come to the knowledge of God and it is because the Almighty came into my presence and drew me to Himself. The power of the Almighty is transformational.
I cannot believe because of a persuasive argument or through the power of preaching. I cannot believe because my parents believed and their parents believed. I can only believe because I have been drawn to Him and my will surrendered to His. Belief is a matter of my personal will, not because of intellectual discussion. I believe because I desire to believe. All people have been given the power to reach beyond their human limitations, but some rebel preferring the ways of the Old Man over the transformed one. Transformation begins with my agreement with God over the matter of my sin. It must be a reproach. I must acknowledge that I am a sinner in need of a Savior and He is that One. Then I can come into right standing with God and allow the Spirit and the Son to continue to shape my inner-man (my personality) until the Day of Christ's return.

Daily Prayer: Father, thank you for drawing me unto Yourself. Thank you also for giving me the faith I need to believe. Bless others also Father, especially those of my own house. Nobody can stand in the company of the Almighty except through bringing ones self into good standing with the Sovereign. In Jesus name I pray Amen.

No comments: