Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

By His Stripes, We Are Healed

In the life of Jesus I can find life. Life is not only eternal life which it certainly is, but also abundant life or a fullness in my relationship with God. It means I need not hide like Adam and Eve in the garden, being ashamed of their nakedness. It means that God has received me and made this sinner well again. I'm sure you have had illnesses when your health took a turn for the worse. After suffering you begin to get better. You look with hope because day by day you feel a little better until one day you are well again. So it is in the spiritual life. The sinner realized the depth of his agony and turns to Jesus - the author and perfecter of our faith. Radically the sinner is cast from death into life and is called Son by the Most High. How good it feels not to be condemned. This is my life in Christ.

Father, thank you for sending the Son and making me Your Son as a result. Open the eyes of those who cannot see, but desperately need You. If You do not seek them, they won't be found.
Seek them Father I pray Amen.

No comments: