Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Cause Of Evil & The Road To Find Peace

I frequently turn to God when I find myself in trouble. The Bible teaches us that we are born into sin and we are cleansed by a spiritual rebirth into Christ. What is the cause of evil in me?
Evil is seldom found in a child. It is not that children don't error, but they are seldom found in contemplative sin. When I began to grow up, my mind was then able to cast visions for myself for my future. This casting of visions which is not under the direction of God is the cause of evil. It puts myself as the most important person and denys God's sovereign and faithful hand over my life.

Jesus says, "suffer the children and deny them not, because theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven." Jesus is explaining to me that for me to be received by Him, I must come to Him as helpless as I really am and then He will give me peace. Jesus says "My peace I give to you, but not as the world gives do I give to you." Jesus' peace is a settling and abiding peace. It isn't a temporary cure. Now, as an adult, when trouble comes my way, I realize their are two kinds of trouble. First their is the kind of trouble that is brought about by me through willful disobedience. This creates tension between me and my Savior. This is sin and needs to be confessed. The second kind of trouble is the kind that I experience because I belong to Jesus. The world crucified Jesus and they will crucify me. I need not worry about this kind of trouble, because Jesus promises me His peace through the tribulation and promises to take care of it for me.

Daily Prayer: Lord Jesus, remind me once again that I need not worry so long as I am trusting in You. By Your Spirit, guide me and direct me and protect me. In Your Holy Name I pray Amen.

No comments: