Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Putting On The New Man Exposes Our Spiritual Gifts

It is not enough to be saved and to know that I am going to heaven. I don't want to be so heavely minded that I am of no earthly good. This is why God makes me unto a new man. Just as Jesus Christ died and was raised up into new life, so our old man was crucified with Him and we too are raised up into a new man (Romans 6:1-14). God blesses our new nature in Christ with Spiritual Gifts. These are abilities that I never previously had which enable me to serve the church (the body of Christ) in a special and God ordained way. The Holy Spirit continues to sanctify me until my departure from the world when Jesus Chist will continue the sanctification process until He can present me to the Father as Christ like in nature.

Daily Prayer: Lord Jesus, thank you for not leaving me as an orphan. You have saved and delivered me from death, but also gave me new life and new abilities. Thank you for an eternity of blessing that will never end. Amen.

No comments: