Total Pageviews

Friday, December 17, 2010

The Gospel Lifts Jesus Up & Creates The Need In Us To Ask

People often say that why must I ask for forgiveness instead of just receiving it from God. It is because before we are forgiven, we must realize our need for forgiveness. The gospel identifies this need within us, because Jesus is lifted up and we do not compare to His righteousness. Therefore we find ourselves with a void or a need that only God can fill. Therefore we move forward in faith believing that He who brought me into this world will take me to his at the end of my days. Yes, we ask, like a little child we ask. And Jesus says whoever askes receives and whoever seeks finds.

Daily Prayer: Thank you Lord Jesus for Your exaltation before us. You are worthy of our praise and adoration. Draw near to those in my family and those who I love so that they may see You and know You. You Lord, are the Desire of the Nations. Amen.

No comments: