Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Zephaniah 3:8-11 God of the nations:

"Therefore wait for me," declared the Lord, For the day when I rise up as a witness. Indeed, my decision is to gather nations, to assemble kingdom, to pour out on them my indignation, all my burning anger; for all the earth will be devoured by the fire of my zeal. "Then I will give to the peoples purified lips so that all of them may call on the name of the Lord, and serve him shoulder to shoulder. From beyond the rivers of Ethiopia my worshipers, and my dispersed ones will bring my offerings. In that day you will feel no shame, because of your deeds. I will remove from you all of the proud ones, and you will never again be haughty on my holy mountain."

The Lord has called all people to himself, not only the Jews. Because all are called to be sons of God, then He also requires that they come to him in holiness. The greatest sin under heaven is pride, because pride suggests that you can get along without God. God punishes the sins of the world in the person of Jesus Christ. It was on the cross that Jesus became our "sin bearer," which means that he took the penalty of the sinful world upon himself so that we can be justified to a holy God. In return, we must then believe in the name who set us free, and that name is Jesus Christ.

Daily Prayer: Father, I am a part of that remnant for whom Jesus gave his life. I am important to you - even important enough to die for. But not only me, but for all those whom have come to Jesus with their sins for forgiveness, by placing their trust in him alone for their forgiveness and reconciliation. I bless Jesus even now and in his name I pray Amen.

No comments: