Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Habakkuk 2: 1-4 God makes his answer with New Testament revelation:

I will stand on my guard post and station myself on the rampart: I will keep watch to see what he will speak to me, and how I may reply when I am reproved. Then the Lord answered me and said, "Record the vision and inscribe it on tablets, that the one who reads it may run. "For the vision is yet for the appointed time; it hastens toward the goal and will not fail. Though it tarries, wit for it; for it will certainly come and will not delay. Behold, as for the proud one, his soul is not right within him, but the righteous will live by his faith."

It is this last verse which is the key to the revelation. The righteous shall live by faith. It was Abraham who was declared righteous, because he believed God. Now in the age of the prophets, on the advent of the New Covenant, God is instructing us on how righteous is won. It is not by works of the Law or through any form of merit. It is not by clamoring to God that your people do better then their people. Righteousness is by belief or faith in the object of faith which is the Father and the Son, and the Holy Spirit. This is the key to salvation as defined by Christ after his life, death, and resurrection. The just (saved) shall live by faith.

Daily Prayer: Father, we are grateful for the long trail of salvation history. By learning from your word, it can teach us how to live out our lives now, so as to be a fragrant aroma to you in heaven. Train our minds now I pray Amen.

No comments: