Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Malachi 3: 5-6 the Lord in the postmodern age

“For I, the LORD, do not change; therefore you, O sons of Jacob, are not consumed.

7 “From the days of your fathers you have turned aside from My statutes and have not kept them. Return to me, and I will return to you,” says the LORD of hosts. “But you say, ‘How shall we return?’

In our postmodern age, we find people asking questions like, "Is God different than he used to be? It seems that the God of wrath lived in the Old Testament, but the God of love is the God of the New Testament." Be advised, "For I, the Lord, do not change." We also then can decide that God is not more tolerant than he once was. So why do we come up with these ideas that are contrary to the Bible? It is because we come to God in the flesh and not in the spirit. Jesus tells us that when we pray, come to the father in spirit and in truth. Pleasing God is not possible until we make the personal decision to surrender to him and trust only in him.

Daily Prayer: Father, strengthen me in my spirit so that I no longer rely on my own power to live a godly life. Let me not be a man pleaser, but instead be one who pleases God. Following in the footsteps of Jesus, let me die to myself, so that I can live to life. In Jesus name I pray Amen.

No comments: