Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Malachi 3: 8-10, 12-14 Will a man rob God?

8 “Will a man rob God? Yet you are robbing me! But you say, ‘How have we robbed you?’ In tithes and offerings you have robbed me. 9 You are cursed with a curse, for you are robbing Me, the whole nation of you! 10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, so that there may be food in my house, and test Me now in this,” says the LORD of hosts. 13 “Your words have been arrogant against me,” says the LORD. “Yet you say, ‘What have we spoken against you?’ 14 You have said, ‘It is vain to serve God; and what profit is it that we have kept His charge, and that we have walked in mourning before the LORD of hosts?

Their day and our day are no different. We say without lips that we trust in him, yet many do not give a tenth of their earnings to a local church. You say that a tithe is Old Testament, but we have already discovered that the Lord our God does not change. But we are not only commanded to give a tenth of our earnings to the Lord, but our call is for time, talent, and treasure. God has always been faithful, but our greed runs so deep, we sell off God for a few dollars in the pocket. If we trusted in God, we would learn what it is like to receive blessing from him out of his resources and not from them.

Daily Prayer: Let me let go of those things you have already given me, and allow me to give them back to you. I came into this world without treasure, and I will leave it in the same way. Jesus says, if the father takes care of the birds of the sky, how much more will he take care of you? Let is learn from these words. In your holy name I pray Amen.

No comments: