Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Sin of Nadab and Abihu (Exodus 10: 1-2)

Nadab and Abihu were two of Aaron's sons, but they disobeyed the LORD by burning incense to him on a fire pay, when they were not supposed to. Suddenly the LORD sent fiery flames and burned them to death.

Prior to their sin, the sons of Aaron had witnessed their father Aaron bringing a sin sacrifice for the people where God consumed it by fire. They knew the power of God and the holiness of God, yet on their own with only their own authority decided to offer incense with no permission and treated God's sacred things as common. God will never be treated as common and he will make a vivid point to those who are an affront to his holiness. He didn't even give them a chance to say sorry or repent. It didn't matter that they were sons of the high priest Aaron. In God's view, even Aaron was guilty of not disciplining his sons so God handled the matter and made it a public lesson to his people.

Daily Prayer: Father, you are holy and we your people need to treat you as holy. Forgive me and teach me how I may honor you in my life and in my worship. In your holy name I pray Amen.

No comments: