Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

God brings savlation to his people (Exodus 14: 13, 16, 31)

But Moses answered, "Don't be afraid! Be brave, and you will see the LORD save you today. These Egyptians will never bother you again." Moses held his walking stick over the sea. The water will opened and made a road where they can walk on dry ground. Because of the mighty power he had used against the Egyptians, the Israelites worshiped (feared) him and trusted him and his servant Moses.

The Exodus is still God's greatest act of faithfulness to his elect. In times to come, there will be other times when he performs an exodus to bring his people out of captivity. Nothing is impossible for God. Throughout the scriptures, one can see that nature obeys God their Creator. God commands the waters to part and they obey. Later, in the New Testament, Jesus will command the seas to be still and they obey. God's only creation that fails to obey is man. In the garden, he ate from the Forbidden Tree bringing sin and death to humanity. In the fullness of times, Jesus Christ comes to pay the penalty for our sin, but part of our deliverance from our sin is a re-creation for our inner-man. This is called being born again or have been regenerated by the Spirit of God. In today's reading, the first verse God tells his people don't be afraid. The reading concludes that the were afraid when they saw the great power of the LORD.

Daily Prayer: Father God, I admit that it is impossible for me to save myself. I too, as one of your people need the kind of deliverance that only you can give. I ask not only for the forgiveness of my sins, but to re-create me in the likeness of your son. Let me also not reat in the sense of being afraid. Instead let me revere you and let you do your work in my life. In your name I pray Amen.

No comments: