Total Pageviews

Monday, January 30, 2012

Matthew 8:5-7 , 10-13 Great Faith

And when Jesus entered Capernaum, a centurion came to Him, imploring Him, and saying, “Lord, my servant is lying paralyzed at home, fearfully tormented.” Jesus said to him,” I will come and heal him.” “Truly I say to you, I have not found such great faith with anyone in Israel. I say to you that many will come from east and west, and recline at the table with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven; but the sons of the kingdom will be cast out into the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.” And Jesus said to the centurion, “Go; it shall be done for you as you have believed.” And the servant was healed that very moment.

The point Jesus was making is that Jesus serves those who come with faith and never doubting. Many of the Jews felt that because that they were among the blood line of Abraham that they were God’s choice. What they did not understand is that it is not the physical descendant that Jesus was seeking, but those who share the faith of Abraham.

Daily Prayer: Father let me not depart from the faith that you have planted in my heart. Let me seek you and never doubt you because this is the sign of a true child of God. In Jesus name I pray Amen.

No comments: