Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Matthew 7:21-23 Demonstrating your love for Jesus

Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.’

Jesus is making a determination between those who testify to him and those who love him. If one were to declare that you love your wife, but never do anything to show your love for her, people would say that this one is a fraud. In the same way, if one were to declare they trust in Jesus, but never offer any public works demonstrating the love for him is also not known by Him. Jesus says that if you love me, you will keep my commandments, but if you follow after the prince of this world, then you love is indeed for this one.

Daily Prayer: Lord Jesus, let my light so shine before men so that I demonstrate my love for you through those things that I do, and glorify my father who is in heaven. Amen.

No comments: