Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Triumph Is Christ's Victory & We Are In Christ

What makes us part of Christ's victory is not our contribution to it. Our part is that we were the purpose for His victory. Without our needy souls, the cross was not necessary. Jesus was sent by the Holy One of Heaven to be made sin for us and to be punished for it. This is called substitutionary attonement. By overcoming death, He put an end to death and by not sinning He opened the door for us to live apart from sin. No longer do we have a desire to sin, but instead desire newness of life in Christ Jesus. Our part is being received by Christ as His own and being preserved for that day when His Kingdom comes.

Daily Prayer: Create in me a clean heart O Jesus. Renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from Your presence. Lead my by the Holy Spirit. Restore to me the joy of your triumph and grant me freedom from sin and death. Amen.

No comments: