Total Pageviews

Monday, October 18, 2010

The Ordinary, But Not So Ordinary Person

Jesus uses common folk to do His work on earth. What makes these people extraordinary is their full devotion to Him. When I say full devotion, I mean that our inner-man or soul is connected to Christ alone. But our outer man is fully in touch with the world and can do Christ's work in the world because of the out-pouring of love from the Holy Spirit into our very soul. This is the way we can be in the world, but not of it.

Daily Prayer: Lord Jesus, bring my full sanctification to mind. Often times I confuse my human error with the need to be sanctified when in fact I am sanctified by Your work on the cross and the Holy Spirit who dwells in me. Bring this to my mind and by doing so I can work boldly for You name and for Your sake. Amen.

No comments: