Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Deliverance From The Sin Nature Into Holiness In Christ

The Bible teaches us that we are born into sin and cannot free ourselves. While this is true, whenever a person comes to the realization of the depraved state, that one can turn to Jesus and receive a new nature. The only requirement of the believer is to agree with Christ about sin. When this happens, this one is justified which means he has obtained right standing before God and the Holy Spirit energizes our spirit until Christ's nature is formed into the individual (Gal. 4:19). Now, when Christ calls for holy living it is not because God requires saints to be holy, but He has given me the means to pull it off.

Daily Prayer: Lord, thank you for coming into my world not only to forgive my sins, but also to transform me. Let me do my part in cooperating with You and the Spirit of God to live out my life "in Christ" so that it may please the Father and be a testimony to those around me. In Jesus name I pray Amen.

No comments: