Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

POUR OUT YOUR LOVE TO OTHERS

Because Jesus first loved me, I am to love Him too and also love my neighbors. We are indwelt by the Holy Spirit so that the fruits of the Spirit may be made manifest in us. Love is a one way action that risks rejection. It exposes the highest form of intimacy from one to another. This is why we are so slow to love because we don't want to be rejected. If we are saved by Jesus, we must put to death our own ego and move forth boldly knowing that it is hard to win a soul to Christ for someone you only "like." Instead, you must sacrifice self-reward in favor of doing what is right for the other. The Bible describes two kinds of Godly love. The first is hesed which describes loyal love. The second is agape which is sacrifical love. These two combined are our higher calling for ones who are chosen by God to represent Him in our life setting.

Daily Prayer: Lord Jesus, let me put away my self concerns and humble myself for Your Name's sake. Let me be all things to all people so that by all means some are saved. In Jesus name I pray Amen.

No comments: