Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 20, 2010

A New Life Must Be Disciplined From Within

When a person is "born again," they have a new nature by way of the Spirit indwelling them. But the Old Man still wants room in this new life. Just as a woman cannot have two husbands, this new nature cannot have both a new life by way of the Spirit and have the Old Man sitting at the kitchen table. You have to divorce yourself from the Old Man by way of force. Loyality now it to your new life given to you through the Spirit's indwelling. Allowing them both to mingle is a sin and grieves the Holy Spirit of God. You must yield to the Holy Spirit and not fulfill the desires of the flesh.

Daily Prayer: Lord Jesus, thank you for the new life given to me because of the cross. Let me receive the Holy Spirit just like I received the Son. Not by my work, but by my trust I can be forgiven my sins and lead a new life forever. In Your Holy Name I pray Amen.

No comments: