Total Pageviews

Monday, May 3, 2010

In Order To Interceed For Others, The Intecessor Must Be Identified With The Purpose of God

When one interceeds for the benefit of another, the one praying is not praying for self-interests, but for the interests of others. Here discernment is important. God works wheather or not I interceed so I must be careful not to put my prayers in contrasts to the working of God. This is achieved by not relying on emotion or sympathy for others, but by coming to an understanding of the providence of God in what we pray for. Identification with God means you have considered His plan, His methods, and His motives. It is not about you or the one for whom you pray, but it is seeking God's council over the matter.

Daily Prayer: Father, perhaps it is wise to pray to You about others instead of for others. By doing so, it gives You the sway to show me how I ought to pray and what kind of prayer You will answer. Teach us to do this so that Your will be done. In Jesus name I pray Amen.

No comments: