Total Pageviews

Monday, December 26, 2011

Jude 1:17-23 Keep You in the Love of God

But you, beloved, ought to remember the words that were spoken beforehand by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ that they were saying to you, In the last time there will be mockers, following after their own ungodly lusts. These are the ones who cause divisions, worldly-minded, devoid of the Spirit. But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting anxiously for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to eternal life. And have mercy on some, who are doubting; save others, snatching them out of the fire; and on some have mercy with fear, hating even the garment polluted by the flesh.

Two of the greatest errors a person can make is to rationalize that the ungodly things that we do are just, so long as nobody else is hurt. The second and greater error is to think that God will not act as seen in the apparent slow return of our Savior Jesus Christ. Our call is to remember all that has come before us. To recall how Adam was cast from the presence of God over one act of disobedience. Then realize that Jesus Christ went to the Cross to forgive my sins and nothing less than the Cross would win my freedom. Finally remember time was created by God for my sake, and not his. To Him a day is like a thousand years and a thousand years like a day. God's word has always come to pass and our Savior has told us already that he will return and be ready for his arrival.

Daily Prayer: Father comfort and equip me in Your Spirit. Let not me ask whether or not I will be caught in disobedience, but rather have me ask how might I be strengthened by You so that I am found obedient upon your return. This is my godly petition I begin this day with. In your holy name I pray Amen.

No comments: