Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 5, 2010

WHEN GOD'S WORD IS TRUE, THEN EVERYTHING THAT OPPOSES IT IS A LIAR

We just got done stating that God said "I will never leave you or forsake you." If God's word is true, then every circumstance or opponent that causes us to fear or doubt is a liar. It is like the Children of Israel who feared the occupants of the Promised Land so much that they themselves did not enter! This is really folly for the same people who watched God part the Red Sea. "The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want," the psalmist writes. He goes on to say "though he walk through the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, because God is with me." Is it any different for the New Testament saint? Then when trouble comes, yield to God and not to His enemy.

Daily Prayer: Father, we are quick to speak, but slow to believe. Plant in us the courage of David so that we fear our Maker and not His enemy. In Jesus name I pray Amen.

No comments: