Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

We Are Not Called To Die For Jesus, But To Lay Our Life Down For Him

Many people think that when Jesus said He lays His life down for His friends, they think He means the Cross. He does not mean the Cross, but He means that He set aside His heavenly glory to empty Himself for our sakes. This was an every day affair for Him. Because of the Cross, we are saved and indwelt by the Holy Spirit at no cost to us because Jesus paid it all. Now Jesus says if you call me your friend, lay down your life for Me. We lay down our life whenever we choose His will over our own. Whenever we say not my will but Thy will be done. This is the high calling of the Christian life.

Daily Prayer: Lord, we thank you that we can start every day new. Yesterday's errors belong to yesterday and today is a new creation. Let us abide in You and You in me so that my life will be well pleasing to You. In Your Holy Name I pray Amen.

No comments: