Total Pageviews

Monday, June 14, 2010

DO NOT SAY "YES LORD BUT..."

The three letter word "but" is the greatest hinderance in our lives. "I would but...I could but...I will but..." You may have what you think are reasonable things you need to get in order before you allow Jesus His sway in your life. Jesus said "whoever puts his parents first, or his brother first, or even his own life first is not worthy to be My disciple." Jesus is not seeking sacrifice, he wants a relationship that abides in every aspect of our human experience. Only then can He do in and through you all the things He has planned since the beginning of time.

Daily Prayer. Lord Jesus, it is a sin to make excuses for not placing You first. Where would I be if you set aside the cross for other plans? Keep my heart faithful and my mind obedient so that my life is no longer my own, but the life that I live for You. Amen.

No comments: