Total Pageviews

Friday, June 11, 2010

Jesus Says "Come To Me"

Many people who have been saved by the Cross of Christ feel that they must somehow suffer to gain Christ's favor. This is not what Jesus says. He says to come to Him and He will give you rest. Those who feel that must earn His favor reject that and try to fight the good fight instead of resting in Jesus. It is a matter of grace. Most have a hard time accepting grace since it is unmerited favor. Yet the only way to salvation is by grace apart from any labor. The ultimate Christian life is resting in Christ for your salvation and depending on the Spirit for your fruitful life. This is what the Bible teaches.

Daily Prayer: Lord, it is time to give up futile efforts to strive with You. It is also time for me to realize that the battle has already been won by You on the Cross. What battle do I feel I should be winning? Give me the wisdom to allow You to be King over Your Kingdom. In Jesus name I pray Amen.

No comments: