Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Discipleship: It's Not What We Do For Jesus, But Who We Are To Jesus

We have heard it said over and over that salvation is by faith in Jesus Christ apart from any works, but our protestant ethic desires to work for Jesus' cause. Unfortunately that's not what Jesus wants. What Jesus desires is for us to be passionate for Him. He wants us to have zeal.
Jesus says in Revelation that He wants either hot or cold, but warm He will spit out of His mouth. So how does one show passion for Christ? By obedience to Him. It is putting Him first and everything and anyone else after that. Passion is also shown in our persistant pursuit of Him. Peter is a good example. He had many faults, but even after denying Jesus, Jesus came to him and said "feed my sheep." Jesus wanted Peter to yoke with Him and learn from Him, just as a young boy follows his father and learns from him. This is what Jesus desires.

Daily Prayer: Lord Jesus, You know that I belong to You. Do with me what seems best to You.
Comfort me by reaffirming with me that we are on the right track and let Your goodness be shown through me. In Your Holy Name I pray Amen.

No comments: