Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Luke 9:43-45 The Will Of God, The Prophecy Of Christ, & The Guise of the Disciples


And they were all amazed at the greatness of God. But while everyone was marveling at all that He was doing, He said to His disciples, “Let these words sink into your ears; for the Son of Man is going to be delivered into the hands of men.” But they did not understand this statement, and it was concealed from them so that they would not perceive it; and they were afraid to ask Him about this statement. The miracles Jesus performed were a double edged sword.  To the simple, they demonstrated the work of God in Him, because nobody could do what He does unless God is with Him.  To His adversaries, they accused him of being a counterfeit, alleging that Satan was supplying His power.  And to His disciples, the source of His power was hidden from them, less they take up the sword to defend Him when it is the will of God that Jesus go to the Cross for the redemption of many.  Yet, after the fact, the disciples will recall all that the Savior said in advance and will preach it to the multitudes and record it in their gospel.
Daily Prayer:  Lord Jesus, I must learn to accept that which You give me, because You know what is best for me.  Let me rest in You by faith so that I accomplish what You want for my life instead of making my own path in my flesh.  In Your holy name I pray Amen.

No comments: