Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Luke 11:1-4 Lord, Teach Me How To Pray


It happened that while Jesus was praying in a certain place, after He had finished, one of His disciples said to Him, “Lord, teach us to pray just as John also taught his disciples.”  And He said to them, “When you pray, say:
‘Father, hallowed be Your name.
Your kingdom come.
 ‘Give us each day our daily bread.

 ‘And forgive us our sins,
For we ourselves also forgive everyone who is indebted to us.
And lead us not into temptation.’”
You will notice here that Jesus instructions about prayer is a bit shorter than the version we recognize. The prayer is based upon the relationship of God as the Father of all those who believe in His Son.  It is given with the attitude of worship. It is a petition which puts God’s kingdom coming down to earth. It gives the notion that True prayer accepts in advance the will of God in it. It seeks that the true kingdom be revealed and lived out on earth.  In the mean time, it asks for provisions to live out our life until He comes again  The children of God must be taught how to pray not merely to pray.  And true prayer will always give thanksgiving to God for all He has already done.
Daily Prayer: Lord, I know that prayer offered to You with Your will in mind will always be given approval by You.  For this reason, reveal to my mind Your perfect will.  I also know that prayers are always answered by You, but there I times I don’t recognize them.  All in all, let me pray from my heart with a clear conscience of my expectations from You in all that I desire.  In Jesus name I pray Amen.

No comments: