Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Luke 10:25-29 Who Is Our Neighbor?


And a lawyer stood up and put Him to the test, saying, “Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?”  And He said to him, “What is written in the Law? How does it read to you?”  And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself.”  And He said to him, “You have answered correctly; do this and you will live.”  But wishing to justify himself, he said to Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”
The question that the lawyer asked shows relativism with respect to Jesus’ teaching.  Even today, how would you answer this question as to who is one’s neighbor?  How did Jesus answer the question for Himself?  For God so loved the world, that He gave His only son so that whoever believes in Him will have eternal life.  In this context, neighbor is a global term to only applying to the area where one lives, but to the area where mankind lives.  This applies to people who are quite different from us as well.  Even people who are not Christians or God-Lovers.  This is because while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. 
Daily Prayer:  Lord Jesus, I know it is Your desire that all men should repent and turn to You.  But let us start with me.  Let me make sure that I am right with You so that when I am sent out in Your name, I give an accurate picture of the Savior of mankind.  Let me not be anyone’s judge, but lead all to repentance.  In Your holy name I pray Amen.

No comments: