Total Pageviews

Monday, September 17, 2012

Luke 11:5-10 Take All Of Our Concerns To God, Because He Cares For Us


Then He said to them, “Suppose one of you has a friend, and goes to him at midnight and says to him, ‘Friend, lend me three loaves; for a friend of mine has come to me from a journey, and I have nothing to set before him’; and from inside he answers and says, ‘Do not bother me; the door has already been shut and my children and I are in bed; I cannot get up and give you anything.’ I tell you, even though he will not get up and give him anything because he is his friend, yet because of his persistence he will get up and give him as much as he needs.  “So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks, receives; and he who seeks, finds; and to him who knocks, it will be opened.
What is Jesus telling us here?  He is explaining that His Father functions in much the same way as our earthly fathers.  When we ask for something in prayer and do not receive, Jesus is telling us that if we persist in prayer His Father sometimes gives in so long as the request isn’t an affront to His holiness.  Silence is not always a “no” response to our requests.  It sometimes means “not yet.”  Therefore make frequent requests to God, because sometimes He will see its importance to you and work with you in the request.  However, it is my experience that whenever you pray for something that is close to God’s own heart, His responses to me have usually been swift and complete.
Daily Prayer:  Lord, do not let me become hindered in my prayer.  I must remember that nothing is hard for You and that even matters which seem simple to me are important to You.  You always answer prayer therefore let all of my requests be known to you because my joy is very important to You.  In Jesus name I pray Amen.

No comments: