Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Mark 15:34-35 Nobody Comes to the Father Except Through Me

At the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?” which is translated, My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?” When some of the bystanders heard it, they began saying, “Behold, He is calling for Elijah.”

These are some of the words spoken from the Cross. Most of the words uttered from the Cross have Old Testament foundation. King David spoke in Psalm 22:1 “My God, my God, why have You forsaken me? Far from my deliverance are the words of my groaning.” The execution of the punishment for our sins requires a separation between the Father and the Son in this period of punishment for the sins of the world. Jesus was separated so that we would not have to be. God, on this day, accepted the punishment of Jesus to make atonement for the sins of the world.

Daily Prayer: Lord Jesus, on this day, you suffered mightily so that my sins would be forgiven. Yet they are only forgiven if I am found to be identified with You, or “hidden in You.” This mandates that I and all others must receive You as our Savior, because nobody can enter the presence of the Father apart from You, because God is pleased only with those who are in Your company. Nobody comes to the Father except through You. Amen and Amen.

No comments: